December 29, 2008

5 months and a new year...

Audrey is 5 months old today and I can't believe it. I don't know where the time has gone, honestly. I am sitting here while she takes her morning nap just taking it all in....thinking about all that we have been through in the last year. It is almost 2009...and a year ago I found out that I was pregnant. Since then the year has had many ups and downs for sure...

It started with getting pregnant and then finding out Nate would be deployed for the last part of my pregnancy and the beginning of Audrey's little life. I moved back to California 7 months preggers and began living with my family again, while Nate lived alone on his deployment. There were some complications in the last months of my pregnancy that gave us all a scare, but then Audrey was born healthy and beautiful! =) Nate had to get to know Audrey through only photos for so long. Then finally he returned home safely to us and we moved back to Colorado....and I had to say goodbye to my family again.

This year we also lost some loved ones....they will be missed greatly.

We are certainly still in the adjustment period but we are loving our life in Colorado again and we are certainly loving being back together as a family. =)

As the new year approaches I feel compelled to say something. I want to thank all of our family and friends for being so unconditionally supportive of all the new changes in our lives. We have never felt so loved. Without your love and encouragement, this year would have been even more difficult and challenging. You helped to give us extra strength to be able to keep going. Thank you!

Happy New Year and we love you all! xoxo

0 comments: